An empty bullet shell is the perfect flower vase

Sunday, July 25, 2010

US Military Needs Human Sensitivity Training

This happened to a friend of mine yesterday as he was trying to go to work....

"It was fucked up. I was in a Zuhak taxi in Karte Say and we kept trying to pass this mini-van and the van wouldn't let us by; in fact he kept preventing us from passing. Naturally this passed off Reza who then tried to pass several more times. Then the mini-van comes to a dead stop and an American who looks straight out of the trailer park and an Afghan wanna be American jump out of the van with AKs and start telling me they are gonna shoot my ass. I get out of the taxi and tell the American to fuck off and he tells me he's gonna shoot me if I don't fuck off and we're standing in the street like assholes arguing blocking traffic. Finally he tells us to just drive around them which we do."

I think the US military needs some civilian relations training.  We can call it Human Sensitivity Training or HST.  We all know that they suck at it.  They know they suck at it. But if we are trying to win the "hearts and minds of the Afghan people"  then we really need to start from the ground up and teach these testosterone overloaded douchebags how to have decent conversations with people in the countries they are trying to help.  

No comments:

Post a Comment